What's Your Story?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» 1-கண்ணீர் துடைத்து உன் மூச்சில் நான் வாழ
:.:Gone:.: Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 7:02 am by Arun

» கண்ணீர் துடைத்து உன் மூச்சில் நான் வாழ
:.:Gone:.: Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 6:50 am by Arun

» Site Revival?
:.:Gone:.: Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 4:12 am by Jalios

» > Yøung Vølcanøes <
:.:Gone:.: Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:03 pm by Taylor

» :.:Gone:.:
:.:Gone:.: Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 1:17 pm by Taylor

» WYS Code of Conduct
:.:Gone:.: Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 2:36 pm by Taylor

» -- for me to know --
:.:Gone:.: Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 2:07 pm by Taylor

» "Martians Unite!"
:.:Gone:.: Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 8:06 am by Jalios

» horrible songs
:.:Gone:.: Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 6:52 pm by Jess

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 83 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:46 am
Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

TIMEZONES
Pacific Time
Eastern Standard Time
Mountain Time
Central Time
United Kingdom
Atlantic Time
Hawaiian Time
Australian Time
Flag Counter
free web site traffic and promotion

:.:Gone:.:

2 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

:.:Gone:.: Empty :.:Gone:.:

Post by Taylor Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:31 pm

GONE:

Before anyone could react, they disappeared. Everyone. Just . . . gone.

It was an average day in the small (that's an overstatement) town of Perdido Beach, California. Kids went to school, adults went to work.

And then it happened. Those of the age of sixteen or older just. . poofed. Disappeared. No cops, firefighters, teachers, parents, government, nothing. With the adults went the internet and phone-service. No calls, no internet, no television.. No way to get help.

Bullies are taking over. The kids from Coates Academy, home of snobby and rich and troubled, are supposedly planning to make their way over to Perdido Beach. Some think they're going to start a dictatorship; some think they'll take all the mutations and kill them.

The animals and teens are beginning to mutate. The pres (preschoolers), preteens, and teens.. They're getting powers. Animals are starting to fly, starting to become more faster and dangerous. The kids, the bullies are more dangerous.

So, what are you going to do? When is the realization going to hit you that food doesn't just appear, that medicine doesn't just come to you, that life without a form of currency, without government is hard?

How are you going to survive?

FORM:
*=optional
Name:
Age (not 16 or over):
Appearance:
Personality:
Power:
Coates or Perdido Beach:
Job:
Family*:
Other*:

FORM EXPLAINED:
Name: The first and last name of your character.

Age: Unless you want to die immediately, I don't recommend being 16+.

Appearance: What they look like. Pictures are allowed.

Personality: Traits/how they act.

Power: Be creative! I mean making bursts of light out of their hands, super speed, healing, cancelling out gravity, talking to animals,  controlling elements, predicting the weather or the future.. .

Coates or Perdido Beach: Coates Academy is a private school for the rich and troubled. These are, essentially, the bad guys. In the books, it's revealed that the Coates kids are taking the kids with powers and putting their hands in cement to keep them from using their powers. The Coates kids have charm and make their way down to Perdido Beach and take over. Perdido Beach kids are those who attend the public school.

Job: We'll be actually focusing on jobs later on through the RP. The kids are going to realize they need to survive someway, and one way to do that is to assign jobs. Will you teach the kids? Be a firefighter? Be a cop?

Family: Optional.

Other: Anything else you want to add.

{this roleplay is entirely based on the book series 'Gone' by Michael Grant. i don't own the idea or anything. i seriously suggest you read the books, they're amazing. hoooweeeverrrr, you should at least look at the wikipedia page for the books. the plot is going to thicken and stuff and get more 'complicated', so i really recommend you guys just do a quick skim on it. if you have any questions pm me yaaa}

Last edited by Taylor on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

:.:Gone:.: Empty Re: :.:Gone:.:

Post by Taylor Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Name: Ingrid Hale
Age (not 16 or over): 15
Appearance:
lmao:
Personality: Ingrid could be described a rocker-esque-girl. She's a fearless daredevil with a passion for travelling, and she's become more of a daredevil after the FAYZ. She gets bothered if she has to stay in the same place for too long. Ingrid has a mischevious personality, and she's rarely intimidated. A lot of people, judging by her appearance/clothes/style, think that Ingrid is just a rebellious poop, but she's really just a jokester at heart, and her little "rebellious and evil plans" often turn out to be jokes. She's honestly obsessed with playing pranks; you can never be too sure if what she's saying is real or a joke. Ingrid can have the occasionall violent outburst; she's not afraid to admit she's punched a few people out of pure anger. She likes to joke that she's "lost her moral code" after all of her outbursts.  She doesn't really understand emotions, ya know? Kinda immature. However, despite this, Ingrid is a bit sentimental. She's very emotionally attached to a teddy bear named Tabs (which is a light pink teddy bear that's incredibly worn out, with patches and stains and two buttons as eyes), which was given to her by her grandmother. Once her mother tried to sell it at a garage sale, and Ingrid became incredibly furious for her even suggesting it. On top of that, she's very emotional. She is also very independent, and can often act without concern for friends or others upon first meeting. Ingrid writes her own songs and plays a guitar, as she thinks it's easier to express her feelings through music. She keeps a diary that she uses as inspiration.
Power: she can run so fast that she cannot be seen. Her top speed is just under the speed of sound. She runs in an odd way, turning her palms back as she pumps her arms. It is estimated that her top speed is about 600 miles per hour, just slower than a bullet.
Job: Ingrid would probably end up working in, like, the army or something? She wouldn't want to be held down; in fact she might not do anything at all.
Family*: The only family member Ingrid is slightly concerned about is her grandmother; who she calls Gran-Gran. She's very sweet and kind, though a bit wrong in the head. Kids sometimes make fun of her Gran-Gran, but Ingrid will gladly punch them multiple times if she has to. She's very protective of Gran-Gran, and has a huge soft spot for her. Gran-Gran often sits in her wheelchair and loopily sings songs that remind her of her husband who passed away long ago. Her favorite movie is Sound of Music, because she remembers watching it with her husband. Ingrid's grandmother watched the movie literally everyday, and Ingrid has grown used to walking home and hearing Julie Andrews singing 'the hillss are alliivee with the sound of music'.
Other*: single and ready to mingle

Last edited by Taylor on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:23 pm

I N G R I D  -  H A L E |

One minute I was strumming along to the chords Mr. Khristiansen was teaching and the next he was gone. No flash of light, no sound, simply. . gone.

It took a moment for everyone to stop playing their guitars and notice our teacher was no longer there.

"The fuck?" It's Matt Williams, the former star pitcher of the baseball team, who speaks up first. "Where'd he go?"

I scoff and roll my eyes towards Matt. "This is the worst prank you've pulled yet. Tell Mr. Khristiansen to come out, this is ridiculous."

Matt swings his guitar off of his shoulder, placing it on the ground next to him. "Chill. It's not a prank, I swear."

Just then, a freshman comes rushing into the room, a panicked look on her freckled face. "Is your teacher in here?" She frantically asks, desperately looking around the room. "Please tell me he is, please, please, please."

We all shake our heads.

"Why?" I ask, removing my own guitar.

The freshman chews on her lower lip nervously. "I-It's just, I was in pre-calc, and the teacher disappeared. I went next door to the history class and their teacher was gone. And.. and all the other classes I've checked don't have teachers, either."

Behind her, I can see that students have started pouring out of their classrooms into the hallway. The freshman seems to notice as well and shoots me one last desperate look before joining the rest of the schools in the halls.

I follow suit, manuevaring my way out of the music classroom and past the students. It's weird. It's similar to when the bell has rung, all of us out here in the halls, and yet nobody is running to their locker or shouting at their friend a few classrooms down.

Several kids have phones up to their ears, though they all have worried expressions on their faces. One thing I can't help but notice is that there's a lack of 10th, 11th, and 12th graders.

Typically, there's an onslaught of upperclassmen running through the school causing all sorts of chaos. Out the window, I can just barely get a glimpse of several pres out on the Elementary school's playground.

"What the hell is going on?" I murmur, making my way towards the front of the hall to start my journey towards the front office; surely the principal will be there with the rest of the teachers. As I pass Mr. Davisson's, the chemistry instructor, room, I collide with someone and fall roughly to my butt.

"Are you fucking serious?" I instantly snap, rubbing the back of my thigh as I scramble to get to my feet. "Watch where you're going, moron."
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:41 pm

Name: Paige Sinclair
Age (not 16 or over): 15
Appearance:  http://tinyurl.com/pdbkj2s
Personality: Paige is typically friendly towards most people, and often defends people/friends tirelessly when trouble occurs. She has a stronge sense of morality and doesn't like when her opinions go without notice. Paige is goodmannered and cultured, as well. Although she is ordinarily sweet and good-natured, Paige shows a more feisty aspect of her personality whenever she is crossed. She sometimes says morbid or innapropraite things (sometimes swearing), but then she usually giggles and blushes and apologizes for such distasteful behavior. Paige, when dealing with enemies and such, isn't hesitant to be rude and crude. She'll refuse to help or assist them unless necessary. Around certain people, she exhibits a playful and more carefree attitude (especially now during the FAYZ, as she burdens herself with a large responsibility of taking care of the kids at the daycare). She acts notieably more childlike and crazy when not in the role of 'babysitter' (dressing and talking more casually, rather than trying to act prim, poised, and gentle with the kids). Paige becomes embarassed very easily. She doesn't like talking about romance and relationships, especially now that she's responsibile for all the innocent little kids. She's not very confident, truthfully; which is why she just tries to be the stereotypical 'good girl
Power:"Plant manipulation-
The ability to create, control, manipulate or animate plant life"

(which she uses to make her flower crowns)
Job: She runs the daycare and takes care of the kids. She was worried about the kids instantly and rushed to help; as well as ordered some kids to go check houses and bring any children to the daycare.
Family*:
Other*:

Last edited by Princess on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:01 am

In one movement I was out the door and in the hallway, shouldering past disoriented students. As I'm making my way towards the front doors of the school, I catch a glimpse out the window.

Several classes of elementary schoolers have anxiously set foot outside of their classrooms in search of their missing teachers. Some have already begun their "extra recess," while others are rushing towards the front office to look for an adult that hasn't disappeared.

I walk faster towards the front entrance, and while I was distracted by the elementary school's panic, run into Ingrid and knock her over. I frown at her bitter comment before making a half-baked attempt at helping her up. "Sorry, there are more pressing matters than your leisurely stroll through the school right now."
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:11 pm

I roll my eyes as Paige pathetically reaches her hands out towards me. "Leisurely stroll?" I mock her voice coldly, "Unlike you, Princess , I'm heading to look for some help. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this crap."
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:40 pm

I huff and point towards the window with a view of the elementary school. "I think there are more important things right now than curiosity," I furrow my brow and push past her, quickening my pace.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:50 pm

I hesitate for a only a minute before speed-walking to match Paige's pace. "Like what?" I ask, biting down on my lower lip. "In case you haven't noticed, Princess, almost everyone's gone. Don't ya think we should be, I dunno, looking for them?"
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:12 pm

I groan and gesture towards the almost-empty halls, occupied solely by freshmen. "In case you haven't noticed, they're obviously not here."

I stop in front of a window, aiming her attention towards the nearby elementary school. "It looks like nobody's over there, either."
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:22 pm

I can't help but giggle at Paige's words. "You're overreacting. This is just a joke. No way that everyone could just disappear like that." My eyes drift towards the window, and I narrow my eyes at what I see. "Okay. So the pres are out there. D'ya think the middle schoolers are gone?"
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:50 pm

"I'm really doubt this many people would disappear like that without turning up somewhere," I let out a deep breath, "Even if it were a joke, it's not a very funny one."

I pause and take a closer look at the school. "It looks like the all of the classes are outside, they wouldn't let all of them out at once." Shaking my head slightly, I attempt to locate the middle school through the window. "We don't have any way of finding out without going over there, but I doubt the middle schoolers are gone, too."
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:58 pm

"I s'pose there's only one way to find out," I roll up the sleeves of my red flannel shirt and grin. "Let's head out and check out the schools. Maybe the middle schoolers know what's up."
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:32 pm

I nod and grab onto her wrist, pulling her behind me. "We should check the elementary school first."

((((skipping to where theyre at the school now ok))))

As we walk up to the office, I quickly take notice of the lack of any teachers or staff inside the school. "Still think this is a prank?"

I watch the kids on the playground, who are trying to figure out where their teachers are hiding. Some of them notice us from where they were searching and come closer. "Do you know where Mrs. Smith is hiding?"

Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:40 pm

I stand behind Paige, shifting my weight uncomfortably from foot to foot. Little kids gross me out; between the constantly runny noses and their bratty attitudes, I have no idea how anyone can actually want and love them.

I feel someone tug on the sleeve of my shirt and look down to see a freckled redhead girl with a toothy smile looking up at me. "Our teacher went poof!" She says to me, making gestures with her hands to represent the 'poof'. "She was pushing me on the swings then... poof!"
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:15 pm

I grin and kneel in front of the kids. "Your teachers are taking the day off, so you get a the entire day for recess." I point back towards a group of second-graders on the playground. "Why don't you go and play with them? They look like they need more teammates." They both run back towards the playground before I have a chance to change my mind.

I turn back towards Ingrid, noticing her obvious discomfort. "Is something wrong? Would you rather be at the middle school right now?"
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:19 pm

I N G R I D }
:.:Gone:.: Il_340x270.404665603_ltcb

"Me?" I glance over at Paige. "Why would I be uncomfortable? They're just kids."

I let out a sigh of relief as the monster little girl giggles one last time and skips off to play hopskotch with her friends. "This is pointless," I turn to face Paige. "We can't just tell them to keep playing; we need to do something helpful."
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:06 pm

I watch as some of the confusion dies down in the group of children. "What do you think we should do, then?" I stand back up, gesturing towards the playground. "We can't just tell them everyone disappeared, they'd panic."

I bring my hands up to rest on my hips. "If they're okay here, then we have time to try to be helpful. But what is helpful?"
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:17 pm

I N G R I D }

I place a hand over my eyes as a visor, attempting to get a view of Coates Academy a few miles off. "We should get the kids home," I venture. "Y'know, just tell them that they can either stay at their house, or stay with a friend."

"Maybe tomorrow, if they're not back, we could go to Coates? See if anyone's there?" Venturing to Coates Academy is somewhat unheard of. There's a huge rivalry between the Coates and Perdido Beach kids that lies in more than just our sports teams; almost everyone here hates them and almost everyone there hates us.

As I am about to suggest we search houses for infants, the smell of smoke fills my nose. "Do you smell that?" I sniff the air and crinkle my nose. "Smells like.. something's burning?"
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:39 pm

"And if they find out their parents aren't there?" My voice cracks as realization hits that my own are probably gone.

I attempt to swallow the growing lump in my throat while I weigh the consequences of visiting the Coates. "We can't do that. God forbid we go over there if they-"

I stop mid-sentence and turn my attention towards the sky, quickly noticing thick smoke over a nearby neighborhood. "Holy..." I cover my mouth with my hand, looking back towards Ingrid. "Do you think someone is hurt?
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:00 pm

I N G R I D }

"Of course there'd be a fire," I smack my forehead. "People were probably cooking, smoking, pumping gas.. We should have done something."

Without waiting for Paige to respond, I grab her by the wrist and start jogging towards the smoke. Don't sprint, don't sprint, don't sprint, I tell myself as I keep a slow, steady pace. Don't be a freak, don't be a freak, don't be a freak.

As we get closer, I can see a crowd of kids has started to form. They're huddled around a house that's up in flames. Some shout, "Jump down!", while others simply watch in horror. Although one girl is screaming for someone to call the fire department, nobody seems to have the heart to tell her there is no fire department.

I turn to Paige and quickly babble out, "I'm going in. I know this house, a little girl lives in there. You grab some guys and run down to the firehouse, get a hose or something."

Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:23 pm

I freeze in place. "You can't go in there," I grip tightly onto Ingrid's arm. "What if you get hurt? Or worse?"

I look up at the window for signs of life. "We don't even know if she's still alive after being in there for so long."
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:40 pm

I N G R I D }

"But what if she is in there?" I rip the hair tie off of my wrist and quickly throw my hair up into a makeshift bun. "I can't just sit around and let her burn."

I take off my red flannel and toss it to Paige, then pull the neckline of my tanktop up over my nose. "If I die, I want a viking memorial," I tell her, hoping  I sound as confident as I wish I was.

I jog towards the door of the house and rip it open as fast as I can, then take off running. Although it's been a long time since I've used my 'power' to its full extent, my body goes on automatic; my palms twist back, I feel the soles of my shoes burning up from the friction. 30 MPH. 40 MPH. 5O MPH. 100 MPH. Faster. Faster. Faster.

One would think you'd feel a rush of adrenaline running this fast. The only emotion I feel is dread; a lump in my throat forms and my mind is going fuzzy from the smoke.

"Marcy!" I shout over the roaring flames. "Marcy, you in here?"

I sprint through the bottom floor of the house, checking each room for the little girl. "Marcy, it's Ingrid! You're going to be okay, sweetie!"

I swing open the door to a bedroom upstairs and feel the heat engulf my face; the hairs on my arms are singed off instantly. It's getting harder to breathe; every intake of breath is like breathing underwater.

"Marcy, is that you? Come here, sweetie. It's okay, it's okay." Marcy is sat on the bed, rocking back and forth and sobbing as flames surround her.

I open my arms out to her as I step closer. "We have to hurry, Marcy. Please, come here."

She suddenly holds her palms out towards me and a substance similar to magma shoots out from her hands. It sticks to the wall next to me and instantly it bursts into flames.

What's happening only dawns on me when she holds her palms out again, only this time aimed at me. Marcy has done this; she has started the fire with her powers.

"Stop!" I screech at her, ducking down just in time to avoid the blast of magma. I grab her hands and squeeze them together, then fling her body over my shoulder as I carry her out the door.

My vision begins to go fuzzy as my legs move fast as a bullet. It feels like I'm hacking up my lungs. Is my body on fire? Am I dying? Marcy's body has gone limp against my back. My legs slow. I'm dying.

There's kids in front of me, now. I think I'm outside; why has my vision gone black? Why can't I hear? I collapse, Marcy's small body slipping off my back as I hit the ground.
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:35 pm

As the group of kids crowd around them, I rush forward. "Ingrid!" I shove the crowd back, dropping to my knees in front of her.

"You're going to be fine, I promise!" I call someone over to help carry her farther away from the building. I'm choking back tears as we set her down on a patch of grass.

"Wake up, you're fine, " one hand is shaking Ingrid by her shoulders, the other clutching tightly onto her flannel. "You're fine."
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:51 pm

I N G R I D }

My ears ring, an obnoxious buzzing sound that bounces through my skull. My eyes begin to flutter open, though the bright Florida sun immediately makes me close them again. It feels like I'm waking up from a sleep, although my lungs are clouded with smoke.

"Marcy?" I murmur, squeezing my eyes tight as I inhale and exhale deeply. "Is Marcy okay?" I have vague memories of the little girl using powers, powers that started the fire. I also have vague memories of her body going limp and slipping off my back.

A chill runs through my body, and I wonder briefly where my flannel went. Paige has it. I grit my teeth through the cold, and focus on attempting to breathe. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

You need to get up, Ingrid. You need to help the town, Ingrid. You need to start planning, Ingrid. You need to help them, Ingrid.
Taylor
Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:16 pm

A small squeak escapes my mouth and I hug Ingrid closely. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I cup her face in both of my hands, turning it sideways to look for any marks. "Did you get burned?"

I freeze briefly as I remember the little girl. I hadn't checked on her. I'd assumed she was okay from the group of people helping her.

"Marcy is okay..." my voice drops to a murmur. "I think." I turn around and look for her, but the group of kids block my view. "I can't see her from here."
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum